In addition to the core programmes Matamata Primary School offers a range of other specialist modules which are implemented by specialist teachers and supported by teacher aides and volunteers including:
- Early Intervention Programmes – Reading Recovery, Literacy support groups, Numeracy boost.
- Representative Sports tournaments for Hockey, Netball, Rugby, Football, Swimming, Cross-country and Athletics.
- Performing Arts – School band, Choir, Annual School Production.
- Optional After School Classes – After School Guitar and After School Art,
- Other Learning Opportunities – Art Exhibition, Kapahaka, Community group performances.
Our guiding principles centre on our motto 'Endeavour, Achieve, Excel - Tohenga, Taea, Tino Hira through the following elements: Inclusion of All, High Expectations for Success, Effective Teaching Practice, Quality Resourcing and the Community and Whanau Engagement.
2020 – 2022
Our Strategic Plan outlines the direction of our school for the next three years.
2020 – 2022
Our Annual Plans show our planned steps and progressions to meet our Strategic Plan for the next three years.